Meet Senator Ira Silverstein
Ira has been our State Senator since 1998. He has been recognized for his dedication, vision and hard work. His peers have appointed him to be one of their leaders in recognition. Here are 6 things you might not know about Ira:
- His father was a Chicago School Teacher
- His mother was a Chicago Police Crossing Guard
- Ira is a product of Chicago Schools – attending Boone and Mather High School
- Ira is a practicing attorney and graduate of both Loyola and John Marshall Law
- Ira is married to Debra and they have four children
- Ira has always resided in the 8th Senatorial District
Senator Silverstein has been a leading voice proposing and supporting legislation to improve government ethics, remove guns from our streets, improve our local schools, reduce and control property taxes and fight for the working men and women.
Ira Silverstein, our State Senator, is dedicated to improving the lives of Illinois residents.
He has been an advocate for good government, a strong voice for making communities safer and protecting our rights.
He is a tireless promoter of consumer and worker rights as well as a champion of school reform.
Ira’s work is far from complete. If you return Ira to the Senate, he plans to freeze property taxes, take more guns off our streets, protect our undocumented residents. streamline government, reform redistricting, and improve the small business climate.